Accelerate with Carrier Ethernet 2.0
FREE SHUTTLE BUS INFORMATION FROM NEW JERSEY
Dear Ethernet Expo Registrant,
We have received numerous inquiries regarding the status of Ethernet Expo with respect to this week's deadly Hurricane.
Ethernet Expo Americas is moving forward as planned and will take place Tuesday-Thursday, November 6-8, 2012 at the
Hilton NYC. We have spoken with the hotel facility - and the Hilton NY is running at full capacity, they did not sustain any damage during the storm, and did not lose power.
We understand that travel to and from the city may be challenging, here is the information we have as of November 5th at 9:30 am Eastern:
- The Hilton NY is fully operational and Manhattan is open for business! - All the midtown restaurants are open, Broadway shows, sporting events, movies & concerts are all happening.
- All three NYC area airports are open, and operating. AirTrain is operating at both JFK and Newark airports. Current ground transportation options for all major NYC airports can be found at LGA, JFK, and EWR or www.panynj.gov/airports
- Bus transportation to Manhattan looks like it will be fully operational by Tuesday.
- Manhattan's taxis are business as usual - Gas shortages are expected to be full resolved by Tuesday
- Train service to Manhattan has restarted as of Friday and will be improving day by day.
- NJ Transit expects 60 percent of its service to be back on Monday. Here is a link to the NJ Transit site.
- And here's the link to the Port Authority of NY/NJ for service updates
- UBM Tech/Light Reading is providing complimentary shuttle bus from Old Bridge & Cedar Knolls, NJ. Please click HERE for details.
Onsite registration for Ethernet Expo will open on Tuesday November 6th at 8:00 am on Level 2 of the Hilton, NY.
One way to help is by donating to the Red Cross. All donations will provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to those affected by Hurricane Sandy. To donate, visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED-CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
Best regards and stay safe,
The Ethernet Expo Team
Light Reading's Ethernet Expo Americas 2012 is the must-attend Carrier Ethernet networking event of the year in the Americas. Light Reading's thirteenth (what a lucky number!) annual Ethernet event will assemble dozens of experts from the service provider, supplier and analyst communities in New York City to explore the hottest trends and paint a roadmap for where Ethernet is likely to take us in the coming decade.
DOWNLOAD The Ethernet Expo Americas 2011 Post Show Report
Ethernet is, without a doubt, one of the most important communications technologies developed in the last 30-plus years. High-performance Ethernet, known commonly as Carrier Ethernet, is rapidly becoming the technology of choice for controlling network communications costs, consolidating services onto a common infrastructure, and enabling more tailored services for consumers, enterprises and operators.
Since its inception 12 years ago, Light Reading's mission has been to provide the most comprehensive, informative coverage of the Ethernet revolution. Our Ethernet events have garnered a reputation for attracting the best speakers and delivering the most up-to-date analyses of the latest trends in the Carrier Ethernet market. And with hundreds of service provider network planners, engineers and marketing professionals typically attending the conference and show floor, they have proven to be extraordinary networking opportunities.
Ethernet Expo Americas 2012 includes two parts: a conference, moderated by analysts from Light Reading's market research division, Heavy Reading; and an exhibition.
Ethernet Expo Americas 2012 is designed to meet the information needs of service providers and enterprises that are working out what next-generation services and applications to deploy, and what infrastructures will help them do this in the most cost-effective and productive manner. The conference will feature informative presentations, keynotes from some of the biggest names in Ethernet, and lively panel discussions about all aspects of the growing and evolving Ethernet market.